Thursday 1 January 2009

In with the new



The first day of a brand new spanking year - 2009! I love New Year's day. It signifies new beginnings and wonderfully lofty and ambitious goals. This year instead of starting with resolutions, I began with goals by defining what I would like achieve by this time next year. Drum roll...

1. Career development/progression: a golden career path that puts the ladder against the right wall (wink to Covey).
2. Personal & professional development: courses ranging from graphic design to writing to photography to digital skills to only not educate and expand knowledge base but to create rhythmic habits.
3. Travel: go to interesting destinations - Turkey, Romania (where my great-grandmother is from) and Egypt (plus weekend journeys to explore places we'd imagine ourselves living).
4. Create a rhythm: a productive, creative, healthy, satisfying daily beat that is born out of habit.
5. Personal Projects: by the end of 2009, I'd like to have completed two personal projects - a storyboard narrative (visual novel), a webzine, a book written and designed by me;), or a photography/poetry/prose book.
6. Discovery: explore London, listen to new music, go to shows, theater pieces, gallery exhibitions, etc.
7. Spirituality: find a path to the universe that regularly puts me in touch with this force.
8. Community: reinforce existing friendships and expand network.
9. Creative co-conspirators: an extension of community with a particular focus on artists, prospective partners and collaborators.
10. Health & well-being: at the end of 2009, I'd like to be in great physical shape.

After I fleshed these out, I then wrote down the resolutions, aka tactical activities, that would help me achieve these goals.

What are your resolutions or goals for 2009? What are you after?

No comments:

Post a Comment