Thursday 29 January 2009

The High Street Project

Gosh! It has been a few days since my last blog post (err Monday) and even though I may be the only one who notices (hey it's cool, no self-pitying undertones, just stating a perhaps obvious fact), I've missed it. I'm really enjoying getting into the flow of blog snippet creation. Anyway, I'm back in the saddle.

Went to my third graphic design class on Wednesday night and was given the following brief (in sum):

You are asked to design a branding concept for a new retail outlet. You will need to come up with a name, logotype, a color palette and an example application (e.g. Retail bag).

Please choose one of the following:
Gadget shop for Technophobes
Haute Couture Children's Fashion Boutique
Men's cosmetics shop
MP3 music shop
Toy shop for the elderly
Garden shop for urbanites


So the best part of the class occurred on the bus, where I had a mini-brainstorm session. I must have looked really funny sitting crouched in the back seat with a pen in my mouth and weird look on my face (but I'm sure stranger things have happened in London). I don't know where I'm going, but it sure is fun. I've posted the idea seeds here. I will flesh out the concept over the weekend and blog the developments.

I've also posted a shot of my classroom at St. Martins (my teacher was changing into bike gear behind the blinded door (and i awkwardly said that I wasn't looking while the camera was clearly pointing at the door. In a sense I was gauging the frame more that the contents of the room;).

How would you respond to this brief? Any takers? I'm happy to post it in its entirety if anyone wishes to attack the brief...


No comments:

Post a Comment