Thursday 22 January 2009

Through the peephole

I have been thinking a lot about meaning (huge topic I know), and lately I feel like I am on a personal quest (I am preoccupied with these thoughts) for meaning in my life. What am I meant to do? What unique skill do I possess that I can give to the world? I came across an interesting piece (somewhere here) that basically summises that everyone's individuality, that singular voice, snowflake pattern, fingerprint, is what we can contribute.

Some of the most beautiful art allows me to put on someone else's glasses, but the view that I observe will be distorted and altered by my own, creating a whole new and distinct experience. What fun.

I love peepholes in the wooden barriers at connstruction sites. The destruction or restruction is camouflaged and masked from our view by immense wooden walls and barricades. Except there exists one thoughtful consideration: the small and perfectly round hole that you can look through. Of course the view is limited. It only allows for partial sight and literally frames our experience of the site/sight.

Kind of like the universe.



No comments:

Post a Comment