Tuesday 20 January 2009

All aboard...

The inauguration speech was powerful and moving (not that I expected it to be anything but). The tough part will be moving into action. Being aware of expectant societal pain points and experiencing them are two disparate things. I am over the moon that he is at the helm and I do firmly believe that 'yes he can'. But it is not going to be an easy ride.

Brands have either sported their support [I can somehow believe that Ben & Jerry's 'Yes Pecan' wasn't just a sales ploy (I said just)] by donning red, white and blue and employing visual and verbal expressions that capture the mood of change or even by building a version of the Oval Office...but yet were seemingly quiet at the inauguration, expect for the star studded support that ushered in this new dawn. There is something strange about this mix of celebrity, fame, brands and presidency.

How will Brand Obama fare on the arduous road ahead?









No comments:

Post a Comment