Friday 26 December 2008

finding the meaning of it all...during break?



There are so many things that I want to do, and I blame the 9-7 for consuming my time and obliterating my chances of becoming a great contributor to the fabric of our collectively constructed culture (or carelessly constructed one).

But now that I have time on my side, all I want to do is cook and eat (see evidence to the right), sleep and shut off by watching numbing shows and science fiction movies (I have to admit that Tom Cruise wasn't so painful in War of the Worlds), and a part of me feels guilty. I feel like I am supposed to be doing something.

Time and space have finally arrived and I am stuck in between conflicted sheets (literally and figuratively as I took a sweet nap for three hours today!).

This is day 2.5 of my break, and it should feel exactly like one - a space in between the to do lists and the personal pressure of assigning meaning to rapidly passing days.

So here's to cooking tofu cheesecake (it was actually pretty good, but could have been better), and baking my first turkey (successfully moist!) and relishing the holidays by permitting myself a reprieve from it all...

Happy Holidays ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment