Wednesday 1 July 2009

Light streams into Brooklyn windows...

I had three revelations in NYC:

1. There is no such thing as home. Home is transportable - clouds, communities, patterns. When habits and behaviors are disrupted, which in turn changes routine, output and environment, I think we miss 'home', that place of comforting, familiar rhythm.

2. I don't want to move back to NYC. I don't know if it was the weather in London which was sunny and gorgeous while it rained in NYC for almost two weeks straight, but when I returned to London. I found myself really appreciating it. Perhaps it had something to do with the calm streets filled with hidden cultural treasures. London might not be forever, but it's perfect for right now.

3. People remember the person you were, often not recognizing who you are now - which causes a strange disjunction. Construction is constant. I had to re-build impressions of self and refresh connections.

No comments:

Post a Comment