Friday 24 July 2009

Tangine-kissed Reflections

Just got back from Morocco. It was a fantastic trip and hard to document, given the heavy focus on family and weddings. Rather than the home movie version of my voyage, the next few posts detail my general observations on the incongruous and interesting discoveries or reflections on Morocco. The first is the presence of dates. Dates to celebrate life events - weddings, births, baptisms - dates stuffed with almonds, walnuts and dates paired with milk. The sweet stickiness of dates peppered my stay in Morocco and sustained the vegetarian in me. On a side note, my husband's grandmother told him I would be an 'inexpensive' wife since I didn't eat meat. My husband muttered in English that she didn't know the price of organic vegetables. The sustainability of dates.


No comments:

Post a Comment