Monday 19 April 2010

Nature doesn't shit on your breakfast table.

I've been really intrigued by some of the ads I've come across in Copenhagen. This one in particular caught my attention several times, and I finally managed to pick-up a free postcard at the gym. Given my poor, or rather non-existent Danish, all I could make out was a Rockwell-esque breakfast table scene, where brother and sister eat their Corn Flakes, while a weasel (or beaver) shits on the table.

I first saw the poster on the back of a bus, and also noticed a small McDonald's logo on the bottom right corner, which resulted in a cultural WTF? moment. After a bit of research and translation, it turns out that The Danish Society for Nature Conservation, the largest nature conservation and environmental organization in Denmark, is behind this campaign to encourage the public to pick up garbage and recyclable rubbish.

The campaign site, If you were a deer, is in flash, so regrettably I can't translate it, but it has a deer shitting pellets repeatedly on a perturbed man's living room floor. Once you know what it's all about, no further translation is required.


No comments:

Post a Comment