Monday 15 February 2010

Up, up and away.


I'm getting ready to leave for a six week Mekong River adventure. We'll land in Bangkok and then make our way north to Chiang Mai and then Huay Xai, where we'll take the river down through Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia. I always get excited when I'm on the plane (so not quite yet feeling it, but almost there). Somehow all the preparations, the changes, the whirlwind that precedes peanuts and a virgin mary, only disappears once I'm reclining inside a cloud.

Lately, when I've traveled, it feels like I'm not only disconnecting from my comfortable routine, but from my digital life. It's hardly going to be a real vacation if I'm worrying about what blog post might be interesting to the few readers I have, or what the latest stream of goodness is on Twitter. It's like cutting an umbilical cord.

So needless to say, I'll probably won't be dropping in for a while, and when I do, posts will deviate from the norm and include observations and experiences of South East Asia (I imagine a few food posts will weasel their way in). See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment