Sunday 26 April 2009

Chachachachanges....


I'm riding on the cusp of change (self-induced and/or precipitated). We wonder what is next and where we'll land in September (ain't it lovely how flat leases can motivate action or spur decisions?). I have dreams of Paris and a career that will inspire, stimulate and reward.

I find the hardest thing to do is to figure out what you want to do (and why you want to do it). The good news is that I have been thinking about this for quite a while now, and I believe that I have finally gotten to the crux of it:

To conceive creative concepts for brands/clients that are rooted in sound business strategies, with a particular focus on the digital space, and to write these ideas to life.

Although short and perhaps a bit vague, it has taken me a while to get to the germ of it. I think that getting to the heart or core of something - an issue, a feeling, an idea, and being able to articulate it, can be the toughest part of figuring it out (and figuring something out doesn't spell the end of it - it can still morph, change shape and there's no telling when you'll find it).

Reminding me of that much quoted line: "I am sorry for the length of my letter, but I had not the time to write a short one." Je n'ai fait celle-ci plus longue que parce que je n'ai pas eu le loisir de la faire plus courte. (Blaise Pascal).

Not knowing feels both scary and exhilarating at the same time - kind of like jumping our of a plane - which is definitely worth doing (really changes your perspective, both literally and figuratively;).

No comments:

Post a Comment